The concept of “diversity” enshrined by the Supreme Court in Grutter as a compelling state interest overriding the right to equal protection of the laws cannot survive any rigorous scrutiny. In the issue of the Weekly Standard out this morning Peter Berkowitz sketches what Marxists might call the internal contradictions of the concept in “Dubious diversity.”
This issue of the Standard is devoted to “summer reading.” One book we won’t be reading this summer is Hillary’s (or “Hillary’s”), but the Standard has kindly made P.J. O’Rourke’s extended review of the book available online: “Hillary’s history.”
The issue also carries an interesting exchange between editors of the New Republic and Stephen Hayes regarding the New Republic’s latest line on the administration and the war.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell