Christine Whitman has a nice piece in the Washington Post on the EPA’s just released Draft Report on the Environment and on the environmentalists’ unwillingness to accept good news:
“Unfortunately for the tenor of the public debate over environmental policy, too many in the environmental lobby want to hear only the bad news — they see only evil, hear only evil and speak only evil. That is why we are treated to bizarre spectacles such as what happened this spring when the Natural Resources Defense Council praised a Bush administration proposal to limit emissions from diesel engines on tractors, bulldozers and other off-road vehicles. ‘Heresy,’ cried their allies, who were appalled at the thought that any environmental group would actually support something the Bush administration was doing.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell