Rocket Man, Charles Johnson has posted the illuminating photograph below on Little Green Footballs. I wonder if you might be able to contribute a hypothetical AFP caption.
Little Green Footballs provides the following caption, apparently from Yahoo News: “Palestinian children look out from gate doors outside a souvenir shop decorated with a portrait of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, right, and a portrait of French President Jacques Chirac in Gaza City, Friday, July 18, 2003. Top word on the wall behind them is the Arabic word for ‘God’. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky).”
HINDROCKET responds: Sorry, Trunk, I thought about posting this photo earlier in the weekend but couldn’t think of a good caption for it. All I can say is, they don’t seem to be in any doubt about whose side the French are on, so why should we be?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell