George Will on the extent to which key Bush administration policies are at odds with basic conservative principles. Will notes that the next traumatic experience for conservatives may occur when (or if) Bush appoints a Supreme Court Justice. This, in fact, may be the point of the recent surge in complaints about the administration’s obvious centrism — to decrease the likelihood of such trauma by reminding the adminstration not to take conservatives for granted on such an enduringly important matter.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell