Real Clear Politics has two pieces today about the economy. One is by Morton Zuckerman of U.S. News. It expresses major skepticism about whether we’re experiencing, or will soon experience, a recovery. The second is by Robert Samuelson of the Washington Post. It expresses agnosticism on this issue.
Reader Stan Brown offered two thoughts on the jobs/unemployment data discussed in the columns:
“1) If Congress extends benefits and makes it easier and easier to stay on unemployment, any comparison between the present number of people drawing benefits and some number in the past is bogus. Zuckerman
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell