John Edwards, Senator, presidential candidate, and wealthy trial lawyer, is four months late on property tax payments to the District of Columbia, according to this story from the Washington Times. The Times also notes that Edwards has been late paying taxes on eight previous occasions, according to records kept by Wake County, North Carolina. On the campaign trail, of course, Edwards routinely attacks tax breaks for the rich and emphasizes the need for “more fortunate” Americans to shoulder tax burdens.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell