John Edwards, Senator, presidential candidate, and wealthy trial lawyer, is four months late on property tax payments to the District of Columbia, according to this story from the Washington Times. The Times also notes that Edwards has been late paying taxes on eight previous occasions, according to records kept by Wake County, North Carolina. On the campaign trail, of course, Edwards routinely attacks tax breaks for the rich and emphasizes the need for “more fortunate” Americans to shoulder tax burdens.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
- Annals of inanity
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell