Lost in the daily hysteria over ongoing violence in Iraq are the many signs of the progress that is steadily being made. The photo below shows an American soldier with a laptop at an internet cafe in Tikrit, one of a number of such cafes that have been opened with the assistance of American troops.
Bringing the internet to Iraq is more than just a luxury or a curiosity. It is a tangible and practical sign of America’s sincerity in trying to help Iraqis to create a free society.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cromnibus Gruber Torture Edition
- Did Ted Cruz just pave the way for confirming a wave of Obama nominees?
- Conservative Muslim's opinions produce "existential worry" at University of Michigan
- Will the Last Employee of the NY Times Please Turn Out the Lights?
- Coming Soon to a Utility Bill Near You?
- Fake but accurate revisited
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell