The Sun is the only newspaper in England, as far as I know, that has aggressively backed Tony Blair in the BBC scandal. This morning the Sun reported on yesterday’s testimony of top intelligence official John Scarlett in the Hutton inquiry: “Spook Clears King of Spin”.
Scarlett testified that he was responsible for the Iraq dossier that was the subject of the false BBC report and that the BBC’s account was “absolutely untrue.” Scarlett said that he put the famous “45 minute” item in the dossier based on top-secret intelligence from Iraq, and that Downing Street’s input into the dossier was that it needed
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell