The latest Gallup Poll results, released today, are encouraging. President Bush’s approval rating is holding steady at 59%, and by a 63%-35% margin, respondents say Iraq was “worth going to war over.” Significantly, that margin hasn’t budged through a summer of bad headlines.
The only apparent impact of a summer of media hysteria is that currently, 50% say things are going very well (6%) or moderately well (44%) in Iraq, while 49% say things are going moderately badly (30%) or very badly (19%). A month ago, 56% thought things were going well. So there has understandably been some slippage, but so far the American people generally, unlike the press, aren’t panicking.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell