The latest Gallup Poll results, released today, are encouraging. President Bush’s approval rating is holding steady at 59%, and by a 63%-35% margin, respondents say Iraq was “worth going to war over.” Significantly, that margin hasn’t budged through a summer of bad headlines.
The only apparent impact of a summer of media hysteria is that currently, 50% say things are going very well (6%) or moderately well (44%) in Iraq, while 49% say things are going moderately badly (30%) or very badly (19%). A month ago, 56% thought things were going well. So there has understandably been some slippage, but so far the American people generally, unlike the press, aren’t panicking.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- The Week in Pictures: Narrative Riot Edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Scandal management with the FBI
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell