The latest Gallup Poll results, released today, are encouraging. President Bush’s approval rating is holding steady at 59%, and by a 63%-35% margin, respondents say Iraq was “worth going to war over.” Significantly, that margin hasn’t budged through a summer of bad headlines.
The only apparent impact of a summer of media hysteria is that currently, 50% say things are going very well (6%) or moderately well (44%) in Iraq, while 49% say things are going moderately badly (30%) or very badly (19%). A month ago, 56% thought things were going well. So there has understandably been some slippage, but so far the American people generally, unlike the press, aren’t panicking.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell