Courtesy of Real Clear Politics, Daniel Henninger of the Wall Street Journal reports an often-overlooked story — the growing exodus from states controlled by Democrats. California has become the most striking example. The extent to which citizens are voting with their feet has been masked to some extent by the “feet voting” in Central America (no wonder the Democrats are so pro- immigration). But even mass immigration can no longer offset the extent to which folks are fleeing the economic climate in liberal environments such as California, New York, and Illinois.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell