Victor Davis Hanson asks “who wishes the United States to succeed in rebuilding Iraq along lines that will promote consensual government, personal freedeom, and economic vitality.” His answer — “hardly anyone other than the Iraqi and American people.”
What about the U.N.? “After its decade-long impotence where it came to disarming Saddam, and the circus last winter concerning the American invasion of Iraq, its officials will now have no interest in seeing the United States create a just society when they themselves could not. Indeed, many U.N. members probably preferred the old regime anyway. That allegation is not bombast or a slur
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell