Minneapolis Star Tribune travel writer Catherine Watson camped out with the Confederates during the reenactment of the battle of Gettysburg earlier this month. You might say she enjoyed it: “Even watching from the sidelines, I found it thrilling…I’ve always been interested in the Civil War, and I’d always wanted to try reenacting. But I never imagined I’d be wearing gray. Or that I’d be impersonating a man.” Her story is terrific: “Rally ’round the reenacted Civil War.” And she took a fine set of photographs, one of which is below.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Bon Jovi to Waters: Drop Dead!
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell