One of the lowlights of the annual convention of the American Political Science Association was the speech by John Sweeney, president of the AFL-CIO. I just returned this morning from the convention in Philadelphia and read this account of Sweeney’s speech yesterday in the Philadelphia Inquirer: “AFL-CIO chief says democracy weakening.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell