This morning’s Washington Times runs the first of four excerpts from Richard Miniter’s new book on the Clinton administration’s nonfeasance with respect to Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda: “Bill Clinton’s failure on terrorism.” This excerpt is based largely on the recollections of Clinton counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke regarding a key meeting to discuss striking al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan in response to the bombing of the USS Cole. State Department coordinator for counterterrorism Michael Sheehan also served as a source.
Administration officials quoted in the excerpt — Madeline Albright, Bill Cohen, George Tenet, and the unspeakable Janet Reno — have apparently engaged in the time honored dodge of knaves and fools. They could not be reached for comment.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell