Bill Clinton delivers a sermon opposing the recall of Gray Davis at this morning’s church service at a mostly-black Methodist church in Los Angeles, as Davis looks on:
At the same church service, Gray Davis holds up a photo of Jesus that he says he turns to in times of trouble:
Of course, the Republicans do the same thing. It happens all the time that President Bush, for example, gives sermons on political topics and tells parishioners how to vote. Republicans turn church services into campaign appearances all the time. Really. That’s why no one minds when the Democrats do it.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell