The principal financer, organizer and proponent of the recall campaign, Rep. Darrell Issa, has now added to the heat on Tom McClintock by coming out against the recall–sort of.
Issa told a San Francisco audience last night that if there are still two Republicans in the race on October 7, Republicans should vote “No” on the recall. “If there are two Republicans in this race when people cast their votes, there is an absolute guarantee that Cruz Bustamante will be the governor,” Issa said, adding that he views Bustamante as a worse “tax and spend” liberal than Davis.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell