The principal financer, organizer and proponent of the recall campaign, Rep. Darrell Issa, has now added to the heat on Tom McClintock by coming out against the recall–sort of.
Issa told a San Francisco audience last night that if there are still two Republicans in the race on October 7, Republicans should vote “No” on the recall. “If there are two Republicans in this race when people cast their votes, there is an absolute guarantee that Cruz Bustamante will be the governor,” Issa said, adding that he views Bustamante as a worse “tax and spend” liberal than Davis.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell