The principal financer, organizer and proponent of the recall campaign, Rep. Darrell Issa, has now added to the heat on Tom McClintock by coming out against the recall–sort of.
Issa told a San Francisco audience last night that if there are still two Republicans in the race on October 7, Republicans should vote “No” on the recall. “If there are two Republicans in this race when people cast their votes, there is an absolute guarantee that Cruz Bustamante will be the governor,” Issa said, adding that he views Bustamante as a worse “tax and spend” liberal than Davis.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Treason of the Professors [Updated]
- Has Hillary Clinton created a national security disaster?
- Washington Post offers glimpses of Hillary's legal jeopardy
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- Hillary Staffer to Plead the Fifth on Email Server
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell