The principal financer, organizer and proponent of the recall campaign, Rep. Darrell Issa, has now added to the heat on Tom McClintock by coming out against the recall–sort of.
Issa told a San Francisco audience last night that if there are still two Republicans in the race on October 7, Republicans should vote “No” on the recall. “If there are two Republicans in this race when people cast their votes, there is an absolute guarantee that Cruz Bustamante will be the governor,” Issa said, adding that he views Bustamante as a worse “tax and spend” liberal than Davis.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell