The unanimous Ninth Circuit en banc opinion is relatively brief and relies to a substantial degree on the deferential standard of review applicable to appellate review of district court orders granting or denying injunctions, consistent with Judge Kleinfeld’s questioning during the oral argument yesterday. On the merits of the issues the opinion makes all the same points that Judge Kozinski made during the argument.
The decision is clearly the one at which the original panel should have arrived. Regarding the original panel decision, the immortal words of Emily Litella apply. Above is a collection of Gilda Radner characters not including Emily, but they all raise a smile.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Treason of the Professors [Updated]
- Has Hillary Clinton created a national security disaster?
- Washington Post offers glimpses of Hillary's legal jeopardy
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- Hillary Staffer to Plead the Fifth on Email Server
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell