The unanimous Ninth Circuit en banc opinion is relatively brief and relies to a substantial degree on the deferential standard of review applicable to appellate review of district court orders granting or denying injunctions, consistent with Judge Kleinfeld’s questioning during the oral argument yesterday. On the merits of the issues the opinion makes all the same points that Judge Kozinski made during the argument.
The decision is clearly the one at which the original panel should have arrived. Regarding the original panel decision, the immortal words of Emily Litella apply. Above is a collection of Gilda Radner characters not including Emily, but they all raise a smile.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell