This evening Jews all over the world completed their two-day celebration of the anniversary of Creation, the Jewish New Year. The ten days between the New Year and the Day of Atonement are traditionally known as the Days of Awe. This year brings special meaning to the term.
Last week our rabbi received a call from the White House inviting him to meet with President Bush and fifteen other rabbis tomorrow afternoon in Washington. According to the White House official who extended the invitation, the president wants to meet with a group of rabbis during the Days of Awe. On Tuesday we hope to report on the meeting.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cancel The Interview Edition
- Long story short, Iowahawk edition
- As Anti-Police Demonstration Rages at Mall of America, Two Cops Are Murdered in Brooklyn [Updated]
- Edward Jay Epstein: Journalism and truth
- What's in a political name?
- Eric Holder invents rights for the transgendered
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell