In conjunction with Trunk’s defense of police officers from charges of racism, posted below, here is George Will on the dramatic success of policing in the past decade. Will cites Heather Mac Donald who, along with Trunk, has been at the forefront of exploding the myth of pervasive racial profiling. He quotes Mac Donald’s warning that “if the police are now to be accused of racism every time they go where the crime is, that’s the end of public safety.” And, Will adds, the end of “the urban renaissance that owes much to more intelligent policing.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Koch to Democratic Senators: Get Lost!
- The Climate Beclowning Continues
- Did the Obama Administration Lie to the Federal Court About Implementation of Executive Amnesty?
- 13 questions for Hillary Clinton [Plus one more]
- Someone misled us on AQ's demise
- Will Obama's deal with Iran bind our next president?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell