We somehow missed James Woolsey’s essay on the contribution of Judaism to the rule of law when it appeared in Friday’s Jerusalem Post on the occasion of the Jewish New Year. It is a moving declaration of solidarity and respect: “We are all Jews.”
Responding to the notion that the United States today is an imperial power, Woolsey points to our distinctly unimperial presidents. Woolsey writes: “People (and smaller nations wherein an empire maintains troops) obey emperors, if they know what
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell