A Miami-based attorney who describes himself as “mild-mannered” attended the presentation of Madeleine Albright shilling her new book at Temple Judea in Coral Gables, Florida. His account of her comments and the audience response is disturbing.
Fortunately, the attorney nevertheless had the presence of mind to ask Albright the following question: “Although I am not Jewish, myself, I strongly support Israel as being the civilization that is in the vanguard of the global war on terrorism. Madam Secretary, in light of all that has happened since the beginning of the current Intifada in 2000, do you regret having had a role in inviting Yasir Arafat to the White House?”
For her response, you must visit the mild-mannered attorney’s memorably named site: “Strange Women Lying in Ponds.” The site is not named in honor of Madam Secretary, but even if it were, we would not be entirely sure of what the meaning of “lying” is. (Courtesy of Little Green Footballs.)
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell