Thomas Sowell is doing everything he can to defend Janice Rogers Brown, the California Supreme Court Justice whom President Bush has nominated to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. It appears that Justice Brown will be denied a vote–in which she would undoubtedly be confirmed–by another Democratic filibuster. Sowell has written three pieces on this outrage; we linked yesterday to “A Lynch Mob Gathers, Part II.” Here is Part I, where Sowell writes:
“What the left-wing can never forgive her for is upholding the right of California voters to ban racial quotas. More than four and a half million Californians voted for Proposition 209, which outlawed group preferences and quotas. But liberals wanted the state Supreme Court to overrule the voters. Janice Rogers Brown refused and instead wrote the majority opinion upholding the voters’ right to make the laws under which they live.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell