There were pathetically small “anti-war” protests on both coasts today, with the least tiny one in Washington. The AP reports:
“Organizers estimated that 100,000 people turned out for the [Washington] demonstration, but police at the scene put the number much lower, from 10,000 to 20,000. Police no longer issue official crowd estimates, so the size of the protest could not be verified.
“Waving signs reading ‘Make Jobs Not War’ and ‘Bush is a liar,’ the protesters marched from the White House, down toward the White House, on to the Justice Department and then back to the Washington Monument.”
The protests on both coasts were organized by International A.N.S.W.E.R., a Communist front organization. It’s not surprising that they had a hard time turning out many demonstrators, since 1) there aren’t many Communists left anymore, 2) the war is over, and 3) it’s hard to come up with a reason why it would be good to let either the Baath party or a gang of Islamofascist theocrats take over Iraq.
It’s gotten to the point where the protesters are pretty much all goofballs. This guy looks like one of my ancestors. But they would have had a hard time making sense of his politics. (So do I, for that matter.)
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell