The Minnesota Democratic Party needs a candidate who can run in camouflage against the incumbent Republican congressman of Minnesota’s Second District, our friend John Kline. Today’s Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Minnesota Democratic Party is recruiting FBI agent Coleen Rowley to run against Kline: “DFL woos FBI’s Rowley.”
I called Rowley to ask her a question about 18 months ago, when Kline was working as the chief operating officer of Minnesota’s conservative think tank, the Center of the American Experiment (of which Rocket Man and I are both board members). I can’t remember how the subject came up, but Rowley mentioned that when she retired from the FBI she hoped she might be able to find a spot at the Center.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell