Charles Krauthammer assesses our chances of winning the “car bomb war” being waged against us in Iraq. He notes that car bombs are the nuclear weapon of guerilla warfare and proved decisive in Lebanon. This time, Krauthammer thinks, the car bomb war “consists of a race.” That is, “he United States is racing to build up Iraqi police and armed forces capable of taking over the country’s security — before the Saddam loyalists and their jihadist allies can produce that single, Beirut-like car bomb that so discourages Americans (and Iraqis) that we withdraw in disarray.”
Who wins? According to Krauthammer “if this president remains in power, the likelihood is that we do.” But Krauthammer doesn’t address whether Bush will remain in power in the aftermath of a pre-November 2004 major car bomb success.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell