Nat Hentoff, on old-time civil libertarian (staunch and principled) shows how Senate Democrats are distorting the record of Janice Rogers Brown, the latest of President Bush’s judicial nominees to be blocked. Hentoff cites a series of opinions by Brown, in her capacity as a member of the California Supreme Court, that give the lie to Ted Kennedy’s lazy claim that Brown has “a deep-seated and disturbing hostility to civil rights, workers’ rights, consumer protection and government action.” Indeed, Hentoff’s description of Brown’s opinion in a 2002 racial profiling cases sounds like it should disturb me more than it should disturb Senator Kennedy, if he actually cared about the merits and didn’t simply take his orders from left-wing special interest groups.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell