Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post offers this tribute to the late Warren Spahn. For once, Boswell does not significantly overstate his case — that Spahn is the best pitcher since Lefty Grove (who pitched during the 1930s). A few others have decent claims, but Spahn’s is good as any and better than most.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell