The men shown below are Palestinian terrorists Mohammed Hassan Arman and Walid Anjas. They were convicted yesterday of murdering 36 Israelis in a series of terrorist attacks, including those at Moment Cafe in Jerusalem in March 2002, that killed 11 people; at the Hebrew University in July 2002, in which nine people were killed; and at the Sheffield snooker club in Rishon Letzion in May 2002.
Haaretz–which, somewhat bizarrely, describes the terrorists as “Hamas activists”–reports: “In handing down the sentences, one of the judges wrote that, ‘the facial expressions and smiles of the accused at the moment when the prosecution named their victims cannot leave any doubt as to their lack of conscience.’”
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell