A major arrest in the recent bombings in Turkey: the Associated Press reports that an unidentified man believed to have ordered the bombing of the Beth Israel synagogue bombing was apprehended on Tuesday and is now in police custody, charged with “attempting to overthrow Turkey’s constitutional order by force,” a charge considered equivalent to treason.
The most interesting aspect of the report is that the man, arrested on a tip, was trying to escape into Iran under a false identity. Iran has acknowledged holding a number of al Qaeda terrorists. The dispute has been whether these terrorists are being arrested by Iran, or harbored by Iran. This individual, at any rate, apparently considered Iran a safe haven.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell