Commentary magazine has posted much of its December issue online. Among the must-read items is Christopher Caldwell’s review of Right To Exist: A Moral Defense of Israel’s Wars by Yaacov Lozowick. Lozowick is a former peacenik and is the director of archives at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem. Caldwell scrupulously recounts the book’s argument and commends the book with only minor reservation. Lozowick’s sister is a Power Line reader who originally brought the book to our attention a few months ago. I’m afraid the book will remain of continuing relevance for some time to come.
The lead article in the issue is by Efraim Karsh on the seemingly intractable problem raised by Israel’s Arab minority: “Israel’s Arabs v. Israel.” Karsh’s article makes it painfully clear that Israel’s Arabs by themselves will make Lozowick’s book of continuing relevance: “The fundamental problem of Israel
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Koch to Democratic Senators: Get Lost!
- The Climate Beclowning Continues
- 13 questions for Hillary Clinton [Plus one more]
- Did the Obama Administration Lie to the Federal Court About Implementation of Executive Amnesty?
- Someone misled us on AQ's demise
- Will Obama's deal with Iran bind our next president?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell