Mark Steyn finds it obvious that America is winning the war against terrorism. Here’s his distillation of the last two year:
“Taliban gone, Saddam gone, Gadhafi retired, Osama ‘resting.’ ‘Message: America wins’ is as accurate a summation of the last two years as any. Whether or not you think American victory is a good thing is another matter. But a smart anti-American ought to recognize that generally things are going America’s way, and the only argument worth having is about the speed at which they’re doing so.”
A fair assessment, in my view. And it should be noted that, during this period, Steyn has accurately predicted a number of the successes he now cites. I haven’t kept count, but my impression is that Steyn’s predictions have panned out pretty regularly. Here, Steyn reviews his major predictions of the past year.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell