Some years ago the main-line Christian denominations were taken over by leftists; the process is even more far gone in Europe than in America. Hence this utterly bizarre news story: “Two Top Bishops Last Night Warned Tony Blair Must Answer to God for Toppling Saddam Hussein”. Yes, that’s right. God was in Saddam’s corner all the way:
“The Bishop of Durham and the Archbishop of York blasted the war in newspaper interviews. In an astonishing grab for the moral high ground, they admitted Saddam was wicked but claimed the allies were not the right people to oust him.
“Tom Wright, Bishop of Durham, accused the PM and President George Bush
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell