Granma is the official organ of the Cuban Communist party; it is one of the world’s most surreal, out-of-touch publications. But at least one Granma employee has apparently risked all in the name of political satire.
The photos below are hard to make out, but you can see that someone at Granma altered Fidel Castro’s appearance to give him Adolph Hitler’s slicked-down hair and black moustache instead of his own graying hair and full beard. Some have said that the appearances of the spectators were altered too, by giving them dark glasses, etc.
Cuban authorities rushed to confiscate all copies of Granma they could get their hands on. It is hard to imagine that whoever tinkered with the Castro photo can escape detection. But the fact that someone was willing to risk death to ridicule Castro is a hopeful sign.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell