Tom West is professor of politics at University of Dallas and senior fellow of the Claremont Institute. In 2001 Tom published an urgently needed book on the political thought of the men who wrote the Constitution, Vindicating the Founders: Race, Class, Sex, and Justice in the Origins of America.
The book represents a compelling and successful effort of intellectual rescue. Better late than never, the Indianapolis Star ran a good review of the book over the weekend: “Defending the character of America’s founders.”
The book is available both in hardcover and paperback. It is mandatory reading for the high school and college students who are spoonfed the politically correct shibboleths that obscure an understanding of the men to whom we owe a unique debt of gratitude for our freedom.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- A sign of things to come in the Democratic party
- NOAA Caught Rewriting US Temperature History (Again)
- Blaming Pamela Geller
- Bill Clinton's howlers cast doubt on his usefulness to Hillary
- The Telos of Liberalism: Your Children's Bedtime Stories
- The war on standards makes major headway in New York City
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell