Tom West is professor of politics at University of Dallas and senior fellow of the Claremont Institute. In 2001 Tom published an urgently needed book on the political thought of the men who wrote the Constitution, Vindicating the Founders: Race, Class, Sex, and Justice in the Origins of America.
The book represents a compelling and successful effort of intellectual rescue. Better late than never, the Indianapolis Star ran a good review of the book over the weekend: “Defending the character of America’s founders.”
The book is available both in hardcover and paperback. It is mandatory reading for the high school and college students who are spoonfed the politically correct shibboleths that obscure an understanding of the men to whom we owe a unique debt of gratitude for our freedom.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell