Reader Peter Swanson is not impressed with Wesley Clark’s recitation of his humble beginnings growing up in a trailer home at Fort Irwin. Mr. Swanson notes that “EVERYONE at Irwin lives in a trailer home. Something to do with the desert. I tried a case with one of my colleagues who was stationed at Irwin. She and her husband, as captains, had a nice double wide. I was fortunate to stay at the Distinguished Visitors Quarters (where visiting generals would stay). The DVQ was four trailers arranged with a nice courtyard in the middle. The courtroom was a double-wide.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell