A leak of the Hutton Report, due out tomorrow, indicates that Lord Hutton will clear Tony Blair’s government of responsibility for the suicide of British arms expert David Kelly. Hutton’s report apparently will focus its criticism on the anti-war BBC and its reporter, Andrew Gilligan, who misrepresented Kelly’s statements on the air.
The Kelly inquiry is one of those situations where you kind of have to be there. To us, it seems odd to ask who is to blame for Dr. Kelly’s suicide. Dr. Kelly would appear to be the culprit. But the apparent conclusions of the Hutton report are good news for Tony Blair, and for the friends of freedom everywhere.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell