A blog called “Neoultracentrist” responds to my comment about the liberal Democratic understanding of the nature and extent of the terrorist threat by arguing that this understanding is superior to President Bush’s. The blogger takes Bush to task because “he tells us that we have to go on living otherwise the terrorists have won, and then constantly points out that we’re in mortal danger.” But there’s a better model — “people in Israel don’t live in fear. They live smart lives of avoiding crowded places and that helps most of them live in peace.”
The Neoultracentrist has articulated a postion on terrorism that had not occurred to me. It’s not that 9/11 was a fluke, or that we should we should “embrace the Middle East economically, socially, and culturally” (Kerry’s latest formula), or that we should focus our efforts on defensively protecting the homeland. It’s that we should avoid crowded places (including large office buildings?) and live in peace and without fear like the Israelis.
HINDROCKET adds: We’ve occasionally linked to pieces we’ve dubbed “Worst of the Web,” but we may have to retire the prize after this one. I think we’ve hit bottom.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell