We have it on good authority that sophisticated polling has just been completed in Minnesota, which shows President Bush’s approval rating plummeting all the way down to 40%. Just a year ago, the Minnesota Republican party was rather confident of carrying the state in November.
And it’s not because Minnesota is trending Democratic. Our Republican governor, Tim Pawlenty, had a 68% approval rating in the same poll, scoring amazingly well even with Democrats. Pawlenty promised to balance the state’s budget without raising taxes, and delivered. He is a rare political talent who will be in the Presidential mix before long, maybe as soon as 2008.
But the huge gap between Pawlenty’s support and Bush’s is frightening to those who hope to see the President re-elected.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell