This is really too funny. Drudge reports that in 1999, Richard Clarke cancelled a scheduled appearance before the Senate Special Committee on the Y2K computer scare and refused to testify, on the ground of executive privilege. This is, of course, the same rationale that the Bush administration is applying to Condoleezza Rice, with considerably more justification since she (unlike Clarke in 1999) reports directly to the President.
I don’t know, maybe the Clarke-is-a-Republican-mole theory has some merit after all.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell