Trunk’s post about the Watergate hearings is a timely reminder that the Republicans seem to earn the “Stoopid Party” label whenever these sorts of hearings occur. This time, while the Democrats were putting up savvy Washington insiders and spinmeisters, the Republicans relied heavily on moderate former governors. In particular, Tom Kean, an affable Rockefeller Republican, was made Chairman. Yesterday, he defended the hopelessly conflicted Jamie Gorelick. He claimed that she was one of the hardest-working commissioners, as if that’s a defense to a conflict of interest. Then, he asserted that she is one of the least partisan commissioners which, if true, shows that the commission is even more of a travesty than I had supposed.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell