Ever since the run-up to the war in Iraq, we have heard the word “quagmire” thrown about loosely. Those who use the term never seem to provide a test for determining whether a quagmire exists but, for my money, a good test is whether “ceasefires” are occurring. Now that they are in Iraq, it may be time to officially acknowledge that we are in a quagmire. Alternatively, it may simply be time to cease the phony ceasefires. Jed Babbin, for National Review Online, makes the case that it is long past time to end the one in Fallujah. After that, “no more ceasefires anywhere, please, until the insurgents are beaten decisively.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell