Alex Beam of the Boston Globe has an interesting column on the role being played by historian Douglas Brinkley as a chronicler of Johh Kerry’s military service: “Historian’s ‘Duty’: PR for Kerry?” We previously noted Chris Suellentrop’s take on Brinkley’s book in “Tour of Duty Condensed” and made a related point in “A Manchurian candidate?”
Yesteday Salon published a column partly adapted by Brinkley from his book on Kerry: “Why Kerry threw his ribbons.” Here you can see the flack in action for yourself. (Courtesy of Tom Bevan and RealClearPolitics Commentary.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell