Alex Beam of the Boston Globe has an interesting column on the role being played by historian Douglas Brinkley as a chronicler of Johh Kerry’s military service: “Historian’s ‘Duty’: PR for Kerry?” We previously noted Chris Suellentrop’s take on Brinkley’s book in “Tour of Duty Condensed” and made a related point in “A Manchurian candidate?”
Yesteday Salon published a column partly adapted by Brinkley from his book on Kerry: “Why Kerry threw his ribbons.” Here you can see the flack in action for yourself. (Courtesy of Tom Bevan and RealClearPolitics Commentary.)
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell