After 18 years in prison in Massachusetts for allegedly raping eight small children while dressed as a clown, Gerald Amirault was released from prison today. The photo below shows him with his wife, right, and daughter, left.
Amirault and his family were swept up in the child care sex abuse madness of the 80′s and early 90′s. They were convicted on what appears to be the flimsiest and least reliable evidence of crimes that almost certainly never took place. Dorothy Rabinowitz of the Wall Street Journal has worked tirelessly for years to defend the Amiraults and other falsely accused child care providers.
The Providence Journal reports on Gerald Amirault’s release, and notes that some of his youthful accusers, now grown, stand by their story.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell