After 18 years in prison in Massachusetts for allegedly raping eight small children while dressed as a clown, Gerald Amirault was released from prison today. The photo below shows him with his wife, right, and daughter, left.
Amirault and his family were swept up in the child care sex abuse madness of the 80′s and early 90′s. They were convicted on what appears to be the flimsiest and least reliable evidence of crimes that almost certainly never took place. Dorothy Rabinowitz of the Wall Street Journal has worked tirelessly for years to defend the Amiraults and other falsely accused child care providers.
The Providence Journal reports on Gerald Amirault’s release, and notes that some of his youthful accusers, now grown, stand by their story.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell