The Associated Press released this photo of John Kerry catching a baseball on a runway just before boarding his airplane in Washington.
Well, sure, that’s just what I always do when I’m hurrying to catch a plane–have a quick game of catch on the tarmac. What is it with Kerry and sports? His campaign is always talking about his snowboarding, sailing, biking, whatever. Maybe they’re trying to pre-empt some bad news that is about to come out regarding Kerry’s health.
I don’t think so, however. I think this is Kerry’s attempt to imitate his idol, John Kennedy. He’s trying to re-create those touch football games–one of the most tiresomely repeated, irrelevant cliches of the whole over-blown Kennedy era.
Still, I’ll say this for Kennedy: at least he never dragged the press along to watch him buy a jockstrap. And he wouldn’t have been caught dead with a flower-power zipper pull.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Why Hillary Will Never Be President
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell