The Associated Press released this photo of John Kerry catching a baseball on a runway just before boarding his airplane in Washington.
Well, sure, that’s just what I always do when I’m hurrying to catch a plane–have a quick game of catch on the tarmac. What is it with Kerry and sports? His campaign is always talking about his snowboarding, sailing, biking, whatever. Maybe they’re trying to pre-empt some bad news that is about to come out regarding Kerry’s health.
I don’t think so, however. I think this is Kerry’s attempt to imitate his idol, John Kennedy. He’s trying to re-create those touch football games–one of the most tiresomely repeated, irrelevant cliches of the whole over-blown Kennedy era.
Still, I’ll say this for Kennedy: at least he never dragged the press along to watch him buy a jockstrap. And he wouldn’t have been caught dead with a flower-power zipper pull.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Hillary: The Third World Has a "Right" to Move to the United States
- There's something about Hillary's eyes
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- "Basket of deplorables," David Brock edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell