I have printed out the three lengthy opinions issued by the Supreme Court in the detention cases today and will be studying them over the next few days to prepare for an appearance as guest host on the Minnesota public television program Face to Face this coming Sunday with University of Minnesota Law School Professors Jim Chen and Guy Charles.
I hesitate to say anything about the opinions until I have studied them, although I expressed my trepidations about what the Court would do in a post (“The sixth sense,” also published on FrontPage as “Rights for detainees?”) that appears prescient in retrospect. For readers who want to sort things out for themselves with some educated guidance, I recommend Larry Solum’s excellent round-up on Solum’s Legal Theory Blog. (Courtesy of Instapundit.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell