In the tradition of his “Good news from Iraq” series, Arthur Chrenkoff has added “Good news from Afghanistan.” The bad news from Afghanistan comes courtesy of Jacques Chirac: “France vetoes Afghan mission.” Claudia Rosett conducts a Cook’s tour of the world’s hellholes and refers in passing to how “Frere Jacques” (and brother Kofi) contribute to the bad news in her weekly OpinionJournal column: “All in the family.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell