The ketchup lady came to the heartland yesterday, stumping in Des Moines on behalf of John Kerry. Based on the AP report, she seems to have sought out tales of woe and offered her own innovative proposal that the government “provide incentives to companies that offer health insurance to employees.” Why didn’t we think of that?
Addressing the suggestion that her billion dollar fortune might render her somewhat out of touch with the voters, she said: ”It’s so ludicrous that it makes you laugh.” The AP story reporting her Iowa visit is “Heinz Kerry says she became wealthy on ‘a very sad day.’”
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell